Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 May 2004, 07:44 pm
MM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Integra '90 breaks problem

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with the breaks on my Integra. It happens only
sometimes. When it happens it seems as there is air in the system since my
foot goes into the floor when I break and I need to pump the pedal to get
pressure back. The weird thing is that the problem can go away next day and
not appear for months. The break fluid reservoir is nearly full and the
level hasn't changed... Any ideas?

Thanks,
/MM


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 May 2004, 08:16 pm
John Ings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Integra '90 breaks problem

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:13 -0400, "MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a weird problem with the breaks on my Integra. It happens only
>sometimes. When it happens it seems as there is air in the system since my
>foot goes into the floor when I break and I need to pump the pedal to get
>pressure back. The weird thing is that the problem can go away next day and
>not appear for months. The break fluid reservoir is nearly full and the
>level hasn't changed... Any ideas?


Your master cylinder needs to be looked at. Soon!



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 May 2004, 08:32 pm
J M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Integra '90 breaks problem

Yep, brake master cylinder.


"John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
news:dti5a0pdqavbm5ipn9msqd6r0jpbvvlnqh@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:13 -0400, "MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have a weird problem with the breaks on my Integra. It happens only
> >sometimes. When it happens it seems as there is air in the system since

my
> >foot goes into the floor when I break and I need to pump the pedal to get
> >pressure back. The weird thing is that the problem can go away next day

and
> >not appear for months. The break fluid reservoir is nearly full and the
> >level hasn't changed... Any ideas?

>
> Your master cylinder needs to be looked at. Soon!
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 May 2004, 08:55 pm
MM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Integra '90 breaks problem

Thanks guys,

Any idea on how much this will cost to fix?

/MM


"J M" <noonehome@nothing.net> wrote in message
news:OeAoc.5026$sA.4609@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Yep, brake master cylinder.
>
>
> "John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
> news:dti5a0pdqavbm5ipn9msqd6r0jpbvvlnqh@4ax.com...
> > On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:13 -0400, "MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I have a weird problem with the breaks on my Integra. It happens only
> > >sometimes. When it happens it seems as there is air in the system since

> my
> > >foot goes into the floor when I break and I need to pump the pedal to

get
> > >pressure back. The weird thing is that the problem can go away next day

> and
> > >not appear for months. The break fluid reservoir is nearly full and the
> > >level hasn't changed... Any ideas?

> >
> > Your master cylinder needs to be looked at. Soon!
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 13 May 2004, 04:29 pm
J M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Integra '90 breaks problem

Think I paid ~100$ for parts, but I do all my own work.


"MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2gg2gkF2fm60U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Thanks guys,
>
> Any idea on how much this will cost to fix?
>
> /MM
>
>
> "J M" <noonehome@nothing.net> wrote in message
> news:OeAoc.5026$sA.4609@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> > Yep, brake master cylinder.
> >
> >
> > "John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
> > news:dti5a0pdqavbm5ipn9msqd6r0jpbvvlnqh@4ax.com...
> > > On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:13 -0400, "MM" <mbmsv@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > >Hi all,
> > > >
> > > >I have a weird problem with the breaks on my Integra. It happens only
> > > >sometimes. When it happens it seems as there is air in the system

since
> > my
> > > >foot goes into the floor when I break and I need to pump the pedal to

> get
> > > >pressure back. The weird thing is that the problem can go away next

day
> > and
> > > >not appear for months. The break fluid reservoir is nearly full and

the
> > > >level hasn't changed... Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Your master cylinder needs to be looked at. Soon!
> > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaks making noise when I apply them at stop ravi Honda 2 3 22 Jul 2006 03:58 pm
Clicking sound when i apply breaks Luke Honda 2 4 20 Nov 2005 02:23 pm
of course that should be brakes: Re: Problem with 99 CRV -- breaks? daniel Honda 1 0 03 May 2004 01:58 pm
Problem with 99 CRV -- breaks? Daniel Honda 1 0 02 May 2004 11:53 pm
Mechanic breaks PCV, PT.2 - long story, sorry, I'm pissed!!!!! Firestone sux rastapasta Honda 2 5 24 Apr 2004 10:29 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.