Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09 May 2004, 09:53 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default '04 TL at Invoice Price?

What is the likelihood of getting an '04 TL w/ auto & NAV at invoice price
around Chicago?

I have been looking at the Nissan Maxima's but hate their weak NAV system.
When I drove the TL & saw the NAV, I fell in love w/ it. If not able to get
at Invoice, then would probably settle for the Maxima, which I can get
loaded for around $ 31,000.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 10:04 am
Stuart Gordon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

Your chances are pretty low ...

First of all you are not going to find out what invoice cost is, even the
sales people don't know. Secondly, why would they sell to you at their
cost ? They are likely not overstocked or in desperate need for cash.

But you may get lucky. Good luck !


"kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:OgBnc.60142$Ik.4692878@attbi_s53...
> What is the likelihood of getting an '04 TL w/ auto & NAV at invoice price
> around Chicago?
>
> I have been looking at the Nissan Maxima's but hate their weak NAV system.
> When I drove the TL & saw the NAV, I fell in love w/ it. If not able to

get
> at Invoice, then would probably settle for the Maxima, which I can get
> loaded for around $ 31,000.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 03:06 pm
Tim Wisner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:04:06 GMT, "Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com>
wrote:

>Your chances are pretty low ...
>
>First of all you are not going to find out what invoice cost is, even the
>sales people don't know.


Car invoice prices are no big secret. Go to www.kbb.com and find them for free.

Enjoy,

Tim Wisner

www.wisner.us
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 03:18 pm
WPWise
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

>Car invoice prices are no big secret. Go to www.kbb.com and find them for
>free.


Also edmunds.com
Walter Wise


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 08:45 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

I know what the invoice price is. You can find that on a dozen websites.
What I am asking is if anyone thinks that I would be able to buy one at
invoice price?

"WPWise" <wpwise@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040510151813.22258.00001032@mb-m01.aol.com...
> >Car invoice prices are no big secret. Go to www.kbb.com and find them

for
> >free.

>
> Also edmunds.com
> Walter Wise
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 08:49 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

Invoice price is not dealer cost. It is no where close to it. Anyone can
lookup the invoice price of any vehicle sold in the US.

For the TL w/ NAV it is $ 32,120.

"Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:qZLnc.17008$pp.6841@news04.bloor.is.net.cable .rogers.com...
> Your chances are pretty low ...
>
> First of all you are not going to find out what invoice cost is, even the
> sales people don't know. Secondly, why would they sell to you at their
> cost ? They are likely not overstocked or in desperate need for cash.
>
> But you may get lucky. Good luck !
>
>
> "kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:OgBnc.60142$Ik.4692878@attbi_s53...
> > What is the likelihood of getting an '04 TL w/ auto & NAV at invoice

price
> > around Chicago?
> >
> > I have been looking at the Nissan Maxima's but hate their weak NAV

system.
> > When I drove the TL & saw the NAV, I fell in love w/ it. If not able to

> get
> > at Invoice, then would probably settle for the Maxima, which I can get
> > loaded for around $ 31,000.
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 10:19 pm
Kryptoknight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

no.

TL's are selling for market value, they sell so well the dealers get what
they can...


"kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:anVnc.22962$z06.3709939@attbi_s01...
> I know what the invoice price is. You can find that on a dozen websites.
> What I am asking is if anyone thinks that I would be able to buy one at
> invoice price?
>
> "WPWise" <wpwise@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20040510151813.22258.00001032@mb-m01.aol.com...
> > >Car invoice prices are no big secret. Go to www.kbb.com and find them

> for
> > >free.

> >
> > Also edmunds.com
> > Walter Wise
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10 May 2004, 10:20 pm
Kryptoknight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

exactly.


"kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:nqVnc.66788$Ik.4948515@attbi_s53...
> Invoice price is not dealer cost. It is no where close to it. Anyone can
> lookup the invoice price of any vehicle sold in the US.
>
> For the TL w/ NAV it is $ 32,120.
>
> "Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:qZLnc.17008$pp.6841@news04.bloor.is.net.cable .rogers.com...
> > Your chances are pretty low ...
> >
> > First of all you are not going to find out what invoice cost is, even

the
> > sales people don't know. Secondly, why would they sell to you at their
> > cost ? They are likely not overstocked or in desperate need for cash.
> >
> > But you may get lucky. Good luck !
> >
> >
> > "kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:OgBnc.60142$Ik.4692878@attbi_s53...
> > > What is the likelihood of getting an '04 TL w/ auto & NAV at invoice

> price
> > > around Chicago?
> > >
> > > I have been looking at the Nissan Maxima's but hate their weak NAV

> system.
> > > When I drove the TL & saw the NAV, I fell in love w/ it. If not able

to
> > get
> > > at Invoice, then would probably settle for the Maxima, which I can get
> > > loaded for around $ 31,000.
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11 May 2004, 05:23 am
Pepe Duran
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

I cant believe somebody WOULDN'T buy a car because they cant get it at
Invoice price.

"Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net> wrote in message
news:tLWnc.41207$Ut1.1183995@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> exactly.
>
>
> "kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:nqVnc.66788$Ik.4948515@attbi_s53...
> > Invoice price is not dealer cost. It is no where close to it. Anyone

can
> > lookup the invoice price of any vehicle sold in the US.
> >
> > For the TL w/ NAV it is $ 32,120.
> >
> > "Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > news:qZLnc.17008$pp.6841@news04.bloor.is.net.cable .rogers.com...
> > > Your chances are pretty low ...
> > >
> > > First of all you are not going to find out what invoice cost is, even

> the
> > > sales people don't know. Secondly, why would they sell to you at

their
> > > cost ? They are likely not overstocked or in desperate need for cash.
> > >
> > > But you may get lucky. Good luck !
> > >
> > >
> > > "kbstreet" <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > news:OgBnc.60142$Ik.4692878@attbi_s53...
> > > > What is the likelihood of getting an '04 TL w/ auto & NAV at invoice

> > price
> > > > around Chicago?
> > > >
> > > > I have been looking at the Nissan Maxima's but hate their weak NAV

> > system.
> > > > When I drove the TL & saw the NAV, I fell in love w/ it. If not

able
> to
> > > get
> > > > at Invoice, then would probably settle for the Maxima, which I can

get
> > > > loaded for around $ 31,000.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11 May 2004, 09:45 am
Joe Driver
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '04 TL at Invoice Price?

Pepe Duran wrote:

> I cant believe somebody WOULDN'T buy a car because they cant get it at
> Invoice price.
>


I agree. "Invoice" is all smoke and mirrors. I think if the invoice of
the TL were $35K and the MSRP $40K I would have gladly paid $35K for
the car. For me, the car is worth that amount of money.

As it stands, the invoice is just shy of $30K and the MSRP is $32.6K.
So, I honestly feel I got at least $35k-$40k worth of car for the
discounted sum of $32.6K. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I lost the bragging rights game, but got a great car at a fair price.
I much prefer driving a car I truly enjoy versus having my second
choice just so I can brag about the deal. My prior car was a "second
choice" and I frequently regretted that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 Honda Ridgeline - Invoice Price CAD Josef Honda 3 40 17 Dec 2005 08:50 pm
Help, help: Which One is the REAL Invoice Price? ElementSeeker Honda 3 5 31 Jan 2005 06:49 am
Canadian dealer invoice price for 2004 CR-V EX ronald haynes Honda 3 0 03 Jun 2004 01:35 pm
2004 EL invoice price? AL Acura 3 28 May 2004 12:33 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.