Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jan 2004, 11:42 pm
Rob G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default RSX-S bad dash rattle

What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The whole
top of
the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my hand on
the top of the
dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and had
it fixed? I think
this friday I will take the car in for the repair.
--


Rob


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2004, 10:35 am
DJH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

I believe I've seen reference to this on this forum, as well as at
clubrsx.com (had it happen to me at once). I would consider living with
it until the weather gets warmer, that should solve the problem.

If not, do you really want some dim-wit at the dealership taking apart
your entire dash? I personally don't.

In article <101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com>,
"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote:

> What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The whole
> top of
> the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my hand on
> the top of the
> dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and had
> it fixed? I think
> this friday I will take the car in for the repair.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Feb 2004, 05:51 pm
Rob G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

That's just it, you hit the nail on the head. I don't want them screwing
with my dash and
making it worse or creating another problem. When I had my oil changed last
summer, they
had the 'new kid' do it and my car was dripping oil in two spots. They said
that he did not
cover the frame and oil spilled onto it (he never cleaned it up).

Many people do not realize that if a dealership damages your car, that is
not a warranty
issue and the manufacturer will probably not help you. Nor will another
dealership if you go elsewhere.
I learned this the hard way getting warranty work done on the pontiac cars I
had. Whether it
was warranty work or an oil change they showed a general lack of care
working on the car.
Half the time I had to followup because they screwed something up.

Anyhow, the dash rattle is REALLY BAD which is why I am considering taking
it in. I am going to
tell them explicitly that if they cannot fix the problem without damaging
the car, not to do the
work.
--


Rob

"DJH" <upyoursspam@cox.net> wrote in message
news:upyoursspam-96C35A.10350501022004@news.east.cox.net...
> I believe I've seen reference to this on this forum, as well as at
> clubrsx.com (had it happen to me at once). I would consider living with
> it until the weather gets warmer, that should solve the problem.
>
> If not, do you really want some dim-wit at the dealership taking apart
> your entire dash? I personally don't.
>
> In article <101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The

whole
> > top of
> > the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my hand

on
> > the top of the
> > dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and

had
> > it fixed? I think
> > this friday I will take the car in for the repair.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Feb 2004, 11:00 am
Nobody
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in
news:101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com:

> What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The
> whole
> top of
> the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my
> hand on the top of the
> dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and
> had it fixed? I think
> this friday I will take the car in for the repair.


My RSX did this when it was really cold...take the other person's
advice...wait until it warms up before you take it in.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05 Feb 2004, 10:49 pm
Ryeker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

I had a bad dash rattle on my '03 RSX, I took it to the local Acura Dealer
and the Service Manager used a rubber seal on the edge between the
windscreen & dash and since then I have not had 1 dash rattle.. They did a
great job for me..! Avoid stripping the dash if you possibly can, this may
lead to more problems than you have now..!

"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
news:101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com...
> What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The

whole
> top of
> the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my hand

on
> the top of the
> dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and had
> it fixed? I think
> this friday I will take the car in for the repair.
> --
>
>
> Rob
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2004, 01:52 am
Rob G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

Thanks for the tip. I am going to ask them how they will repair it first
when I drop it off there tomorrow.

--


Rob

"Ryeker" <riscarle@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:W8EUb.409894$X%5.232490@pd7tw2no...
> I had a bad dash rattle on my '03 RSX, I took it to the local Acura Dealer
> and the Service Manager used a rubber seal on the edge between the
> windscreen & dash and since then I have not had 1 dash rattle.. They did a
> great job for me..! Avoid stripping the dash if you possibly can, this may
> lead to more problems than you have now..!
>
> "Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> news:101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com...
> > What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The

> whole
> > top of
> > the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my hand

> on
> > the top of the
> > dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and

had
> > it fixed? I think
> > this friday I will take the car in for the repair.
> > --
> >
> >
> > Rob
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06 Feb 2004, 07:18 pm
Rob G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: RSX-S bad dash rattle

I had the rattle repaired today and they did not remove the dash. All they
did was stuff
some foam insulation between the bottom edge of the windshield and the dash.
This seems
to do the trick and I'm sure anyone could do it without having a dealership
visit involved.

--


Rob

"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
news:1026edf7je3fk71@corp.supernews.com...
> Thanks for the tip. I am going to ask them how they will repair it first
> when I drop it off there tomorrow.
>
> --
>
>
> Rob
>
> "Ryeker" <riscarle@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:W8EUb.409894$X%5.232490@pd7tw2no...
> > I had a bad dash rattle on my '03 RSX, I took it to the local Acura

Dealer
> > and the Service Manager used a rubber seal on the edge between the
> > windscreen & dash and since then I have not had 1 dash rattle.. They did

a
> > great job for me..! Avoid stripping the dash if you possibly can, this

may
> > lead to more problems than you have now..!
> >
> > "Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> > news:101p0tis6vfag45@corp.supernews.com...
> > > What started off as a minor annoyance seems to be getting worse. The

> > whole
> > > top of
> > > the dash now rattles very loudly when the car is cold. If I put my

hand
> > on
> > > the top of the
> > > dash, the rattling almost stops. Has anyone ever had this problem and

> had
> > > it fixed? I think
> > > this friday I will take the car in for the repair.
> > > --
> > >
> > >
> > > Rob
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civic dash rattle + mystery bolt post2google@yahoo.com Honda 2 3 15 Dec 2006 02:55 pm
Civic dash rattle + mystery bolt post2google@yahoo.com Honda 2 0 08 Dec 2006 04:38 pm
Need help with some odd rattle from back of car. Luke Honda 2 5 07 Dec 2005 11:19 am
2001 CRV RATTLE? Dave Bapst Honda 2 1 27 Dec 2003 10:38 am
Re: RSX Sunroof rattle Dave M. Acura 1 02 Jul 2003 06:25 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.