Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2003, 11:29 am
raine_31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HELP!!! 98 Integra stereo problem


I bought an Integra in May and I had some work done on it recently. The
mechanics pulled the battery and now my factory stereo has been reset
and needs the security code. I have no idea what it is. I went to Acura
and the said that theres no way for them to find out. I went to
the dealer that I bought it from and they said they didn't know what it
is either. [shoot] Does anyone have any thoughts?


--
raine_31
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via RealCarAudio.com - The checkmate of the caraudio community.
http://www.RealCarAudio.com
raine_31's Profile: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=1887
View this thread: http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=10142

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2003, 01:15 pm
Don in Phoenix, AZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HELP!!! 98 Integra stereo problem

"raine_31" <raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
news:raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com...
>
> I bought an Integra in May and I had some work done on it recently. The
> mechanics pulled the battery and now my factory stereo has been reset
> and needs the security code. I have no idea what it is. I went to Acura
> and the said that theres no way for them to find out. I went to
> the dealer that I bought it from and they said they didn't know what it
> is either. [shoot] Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
>
> --
> raine_31


Any good Acura dealer can get you the code IF you have the serial number
from the radio. Worst case is pull the radio and get the serial number, get
the code from the dealer and reinstall the radio and enter the code.

One other thing to check, in some of the late model cars they put a sticker
in either the glovebox or under the ashtray, you might want to look there
first, just in case!!

Don


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2003, 07:30 pm
Gabriel Afana
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HELP!!! 98 Integra stereo problem


"Don in Phoenix, AZ" <DJDixon1@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Hiigb.19505$Cp5.14366@news2.central.cox.net.. .
> "raine_31" <raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
> news:raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com...
> >
> > I bought an Integra in May and I had some work done on it recently. The
> > mechanics pulled the battery and now my factory stereo has been reset
> > and needs the security code. I have no idea what it is. I went to Acura
> > and the said that theres no way for them to find out. I went to
> > the dealer that I bought it from and they said they didn't know what it
> > is either. [shoot] Does anyone have any thoughts?
> >
> >
> > --
> > raine_31

>
> Any good Acura dealer can get you the code IF you have the serial number
> from the radio. Worst case is pull the radio and get the serial number,

get
> the code from the dealer and reinstall the radio and enter the code.
>
> One other thing to check, in some of the late model cars they put a

sticker
> in either the glovebox or under the ashtray, you might want to look there
> first, just in case!!
>
> Don
>
>


My '99 TL had all the data on the side of the glove box! give it a look
see.

Gabe
]


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06 Oct 2003, 09:13 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HELP!!! 98 Integra stereo problem

On 10/6/03 7:30 PM, in article
kOngb.8421$YO5.4836961@news3.news.adelphia.net, "Gabriel Afana"
<adtomi@adelphia.net> wrote:

>
> "Don in Phoenix, AZ" <DJDixon1@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:Hiigb.19505$Cp5.14366@news2.central.cox.net.. .
>> "raine_31" <raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
>> news:raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com...
>>>
>>> I bought an Integra in May and I had some work done on it recently. The
>>> mechanics pulled the battery and now my factory stereo has been reset
>>> and needs the security code. I have no idea what it is. I went to Acura
>>> and the said that theres no way for them to find out. I went to
>>> the dealer that I bought it from and they said they didn't know what it
>>> is either. [shoot] Does anyone have any thoughts?
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> raine_31

>>
>> Any good Acura dealer can get you the code IF you have the serial number
>> from the radio. Worst case is pull the radio and get the serial number,

> get
>> the code from the dealer and reinstall the radio and enter the code.
>>
>> One other thing to check, in some of the late model cars they put a

> sticker
>> in either the glovebox or under the ashtray, you might want to look there
>> first, just in case!!
>>
>> Don
>>
>>

>
> My '99 TL had all the data on the side of the glove box! give it a look
> see.
>
> Gabe
> ]
>
>

When it was new, there was a card with a couple of stickers on it with the
code number. If you got the owners manual, look through it and around the
inside of the car to see if the first owner or dealer stuck them anywhere.
They do not say radio code on them, it will be just a small sticker with a
number. You enter it into the radio with the preset buttons when it says
"code".

Otherwise, you will have to pull the radio out and get the serial number off
of it as others have posted. Any Honda/ Acura dealer should be able to look
up the code from the serial number of the radio.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Oct 2003, 09:56 pm
bandabee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: HELP!!! 98 Integra stereo problem

And BTW, i think your dealer is stupid if they say they don't know!

--
http://www.geocities.com/bandabee
b a n d a b e e <at> y a h o o <dot> c o m
"raine_31" <raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com> wrote in message
news:raine_31.uvyvz@realcaraudio.com...
>
> I bought an Integra in May and I had some work done on it recently. The
> mechanics pulled the battery and now my factory stereo has been reset
> and needs the security code. I have no idea what it is. I went to Acura
> and the said that theres no way for them to find out. I went to
> the dealer that I bought it from and they said they didn't know what it
> is either. [shoot] Does anyone have any thoughts?



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integra stereo ted5 Acura 5 12 Apr 2006 06:02 pm
PROBLEM W/88 ACURA INTEGRA chappyjr4u Acura 8 02 Mar 2006 01:12 pm
Stock stereo from '94 Integra BigBadBob Acura 1 16 Jul 2005 11:11 pm
Alignment Problem -- 95 Integra LS Nick Honda 3 7 24 Jun 2004 10:18 am
92 Integra- ABS problem Andre Acura 3 28 Feb 2004 04:12 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.