Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2003, 05:09 pm
bandabee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Clifford Alarms & Startup problems

Anyone ever had start up problems because of a clifford alarm system.
Mine's interloped with the starter so if the alarm is on, u can't start the
car. I'm guessing that might be why my car sometimes doesn't start. What
do you think?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2003, 06:13 pm
John Ings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Clifford Alarms & Startup problems

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:09:08 GMT, "bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Anyone ever had start up problems because of a clifford alarm system.
>Mine's interloped with the starter so if the alarm is on, u can't start the
>car. I'm guessing that might be why my car sometimes doesn't start. What
>do you think?


If it's wired up properly, you'll get no instrument lights when it's
tripped. The engine won't turn... nothing works.

If your engine in turning but won't start, check to see if the fuel
pump is running. If not, check your main relay.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2003, 11:55 am
bandabee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Clifford Alarms & Startup problems

No, the engine doesn't turn. It's like you said, no lights, no sound.

My concern is that, even AFTER i turned off the alarm, it acts as if the
alarm is still on! And then, everything gets reset, cos I have to put in a
code to get my radio working again.

"John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
news:ig54nvk8ahfgukifdi5ep7un8iml2rcel2@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:09:08 GMT, "bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone ever had start up problems because of a clifford alarm system.
> >Mine's interloped with the starter so if the alarm is on, u can't start

the
> >car. I'm guessing that might be why my car sometimes doesn't start.

What
> >do you think?

>
> If it's wired up properly, you'll get no instrument lights when it's
> tripped. The engine won't turn... nothing works.
>
> If your engine in turning but won't start, check to see if the fuel
> pump is running. If not, check your main relay.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:45 pm
Don in Phoenix, AZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Clifford Alarms & Startup problems


"bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:aeEcb.9281$O85.3855@pd7tw1no...
> No, the engine doesn't turn. It's like you said, no lights, no sound.
>
> My concern is that, even AFTER i turned off the alarm, it acts as if the
> alarm is still on! And then, everything gets reset, cos I have to put in

a
> code to get my radio working again.


If you have to enter the code for your radio, either the issue is not caused
by the Clifford, or your Clifford was wired VERY incorrectly. The Clifford
alarms have a starter interrupt and (in some models) a fuel system
interrupt. Neither of these will kill all of the power to the car. If when
this happens, you turn the key to "ON" (not start) and have no power, it is
not a problem with the Clifford. If the lights and etc. only go out in the
"START" position, that is a normal function of the start process (avoid
extra power drain while starting). However, the power to the radio memory
(to remember presets and code) is ALWAYS on - it is not interrupted by the
start switch or (if properly installed) the alarm.

I would wonder if you have some type of short in the start circuit - either
a ground or the starter is drawing too much current. It could be that the
starter (or ground) is drawing so much power that it is draining the battery
to the point that all power is lost. Or it could be that the battery is bad
and can no longer supply enough power when needed - a shorted plate in the
battery or a bad cell can cause this.

HTH,
Don


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2003, 06:54 pm
Erven
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Clifford Alarms & Startup problems

Change the starter cutout relay on the clifford.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/montegobay1100
Thanks Erven
98tt
"bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:UJncb.3684$O85.160@pd7tw1no...
> Anyone ever had start up problems because of a clifford alarm system.
> Mine's interloped with the starter so if the alarm is on, u can't start

the
> car. I'm guessing that might be why my car sometimes doesn't start. What
> do you think?
>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Accord EX V6 Startup problems Jack Honda 3 4 15 Jan 2005 12:53 am
Anti Theft - Alarms and Clubs mike Acura 1 06 Mar 2004 10:17 pm
Clifford Alarms & Startup problems bandabee Honda 1 4 26 Sep 2003 06:54 pm
Clifford Alarms & Startup problems bandabee Honda 2 4 26 Sep 2003 06:54 pm
Price on Car Alarm - Clifford? boe Honda 2 1 10 Aug 2003 10:23 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.