Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 Sep 2003, 10:59 am
Scott A. Bregi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

Stiff!! Try sitting in the seats in a Benz C230K sport coupe! It gives new
meaning to the word stiff, And totally flat and uncomfortable as hell. It's
one of the reasons I didn't get one and purchased the RSX! The best seats I
have ever set my bum in.

--
Scott A. Bregi

Model Building is FUN!.........model building is fun.......model building is
?$#!!*?##!%$?&%$##!!



"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
news:vm7su4r1lemu2d@corp.supernews.com...
> Now I can understand why the side bolsters are stiff, but couldn't they
> have
> the seats a bit more soft? My buddy said it was sitting on a washboard.

I
> don't
> mind the seats the way they are, but I certainly would not complain if

they
> were
> a bit softer either.
>
> --
>
>
> Rob
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Sep 2003, 01:44 pm
bandabee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

I think acuras in general are more stiff than say .. honda ..

"Scott A. Bregi" <plasticmodeler@cox.net> wrote in message
news:fn%8b.54817$uh6.22671@lakeread05...
> Stiff!! Try sitting in the seats in a Benz C230K sport coupe! It gives new
> meaning to the word stiff, And totally flat and uncomfortable as hell.

It's
> one of the reasons I didn't get one and purchased the RSX! The best seats

I
> have ever set my bum in.
>
> --
> Scott A. Bregi
>
> Model Building is FUN!.........model building is fun.......model building

is
> ?$#!!*?##!%$?&%$##!!
>
>
>
> "Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> news:vm7su4r1lemu2d@corp.supernews.com...
> > Now I can understand why the side bolsters are stiff, but couldn't

they
> > have
> > the seats a bit more soft? My buddy said it was sitting on a washboard.

> I
> > don't
> > mind the seats the way they are, but I certainly would not complain if

> they
> > were
> > a bit softer either.
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> > Rob
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Nov 2003, 06:06 pm
skydigger123@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

Cheap seats in the RSX. Have a seat in the TL or EL and you'll feel
the difference, much thicker heavy-duty leather in comparison.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Nov 2003, 10:20 pm
DJH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

You mean sporty seats, since when are Recaros cheap seats?

In article <be9lrvspg1quops074kpnrpq52p53m85sp@4ax.com>,
skydigger123@hotmail.com wrote:

> Cheap seats in the RSX. Have a seat in the TL or EL and you'll feel
> the difference, much thicker heavy-duty leather in comparison.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19 Nov 2003, 01:04 pm
Hai Pham
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

I really don't get why people run out and buy a sport car and then
complain about the stiff suspension and hard seats. It's about as
stupid as people who run out and buy an SUV and then bitch about the
terrible gas milage, long stopping distances and shitty handling.

I drive a '92 Integra that still puts a big grin on my face everytime
I get in and drive it. I drove my brother's brand new A4 on a long
twisty road last summer and put it through it's paces. The A4 is
definately a nice car, but I still like my beat up Integra better.

I have hardish cloth seats in my Integra that I've sat in for 16hr+ at
a stretch while driving across the continent and would chose those
over the seats in the A4 any day. The A4 seats had lots of fiddly
switches on the seats and I couldn't find a comfortable possition no
matter what I did. I hate sliding around on the freakin' leather
seats and had to really brace myself around corners.

The Audi's steering wheel felt numb and over boosted and I could
hardly feel what the rubber was doing on the road because the
suspension felt overly damped. Sure there is more slack in the
Integra's steering, but it's pretty damned good for a 12 years old car
with 250k km on the clock and suspension bushings that are on their
last legs.

My cable clutch can be stiff and a bit grabby if I'm not careful with
it, but I can feel the friction engaging and I know what the clutch
is doing vs the soft but numb clutch in the Audi. Despite it's age,
the Integra's clutch & gear box still felt more positive. Plus the
throws are shorter to boot.

My conclusion? I still have the Integra because despite the cabin
noise, tire rumble, stiff grabby clutch, short suspension travel,
stiff suspension, and hard seats, it still makes me enjoy driving more
than an expensive car easily worth 20 times it's current market value.

If you want a luxury car, get one, but leave the cheap sporty hatches
the way they are, warts and all. Don't buy one and expect the other.


DJH <upyoursspam@cox.net> wrote in message news:<upyoursspam-86D613.22201918112003@news.east.cox.net>...
> You mean sporty seats, since when are Recaros cheap seats?
>
> In article <be9lrvspg1quops074kpnrpq52p53m85sp@4ax.com>,
> skydigger123@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Cheap seats in the RSX. Have a seat in the TL or EL and you'll feel
> > the difference, much thicker heavy-duty leather in comparison.
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:27 pm
Larry Durst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So why are RSX seats so firm?

Exactly !
Pham you are the man !!

--
You make fun of what you are really afraid of... and thats us......

2002 Dodge Viper Venom 1000 Twin Turbo by Hennessey Performance Engineering
( www.HennesseyPerformance.com )

Power Output: 900 - 1300 hp

Tested Acceleration: 0-60 in 1.85 sec., 1/4 mile in 8.93 sec. @ 150+ mph
(AND that's only with the optional auto transmission and drag tires).


"Hai Pham" <gbogh42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:f2b4f2e6.0311191004.1015a0aa@posting.google.c om...
> I really don't get why people run out and buy a sport car and then
> complain about the stiff suspension and hard seats. It's about as
> stupid as people who run out and buy an SUV and then bitch about the
> terrible gas milage, long stopping distances and shitty handling.
>
> I drive a '92 Integra that still puts a big grin on my face everytime
> I get in and drive it. I drove my brother's brand new A4 on a long
> twisty road last summer and put it through it's paces. The A4 is
> definately a nice car, but I still like my beat up Integra better.
>
> I have hardish cloth seats in my Integra that I've sat in for 16hr+ at
> a stretch while driving across the continent and would chose those
> over the seats in the A4 any day. The A4 seats had lots of fiddly
> switches on the seats and I couldn't find a comfortable possition no
> matter what I did. I hate sliding around on the freakin' leather
> seats and had to really brace myself around corners.
>
> The Audi's steering wheel felt numb and over boosted and I could
> hardly feel what the rubber was doing on the road because the
> suspension felt overly damped. Sure there is more slack in the
> Integra's steering, but it's pretty damned good for a 12 years old car
> with 250k km on the clock and suspension bushings that are on their
> last legs.
>
> My cable clutch can be stiff and a bit grabby if I'm not careful with
> it, but I can feel the friction engaging and I know what the clutch
> is doing vs the soft but numb clutch in the Audi. Despite it's age,
> the Integra's clutch & gear box still felt more positive. Plus the
> throws are shorter to boot.
>
> My conclusion? I still have the Integra because despite the cabin
> noise, tire rumble, stiff grabby clutch, short suspension travel,
> stiff suspension, and hard seats, it still makes me enjoy driving more
> than an expensive car easily worth 20 times it's current market value.
>
> If you want a luxury car, get one, but leave the cheap sporty hatches
> the way they are, warts and all. Don't buy one and expect the other.
>
>
> DJH <upyoursspam@cox.net> wrote in message

news:<upyoursspam-86D613.22201918112003@news.east.cox.net>...
> > You mean sporty seats, since when are Recaros cheap seats?
> >
> > In article <be9lrvspg1quops074kpnrpq52p53m85sp@4ax.com>,
> > skydigger123@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Cheap seats in the RSX. Have a seat in the TL or EL and you'll feel
> > > the difference, much thicker heavy-duty leather in comparison.
> > >
> > >



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking at some seats shaggy with the 99civic Honda 3 0 27 Dec 2006 09:09 pm
99 Civic Seats glenf Honda 1 4 20 Jun 2006 06:52 pm
99 Civic Seats glenf Honda 3 4 20 Jun 2006 06:52 pm
Replace old seats ('94) with seats from newer Accords? doctor.wreck@gmail.com Honda 3 0 09 Aug 2005 03:00 pm
FS: ACCORD EX - $3000/- firm Raj Honda 2 0 14 Nov 2004 01:03 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.