Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30 Oct 2011, 09:39 pm
oakleyhomes@rogers.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function.
The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not
work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each
connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and
under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all
fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan
control know and ignition.
A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas
welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31 Oct 2011, 03:01 pm
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:39:20 -0700 (PDT), oakleyhomes@rogers.com
wrote:

>The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function.
>The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not
>work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
>next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each
>connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and
>under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all
>fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan
>control know and ignition.
>A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas
>welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must
>Thanks


Interesting but I have a similar problem on my 1991 Acura
The blower doesn't run and I think that it's frozen.
I don't have power on the cigarette socket also.
All the fuses look OK.

One day I started the car and a smell of pc board burning and smoke
came inside of the car.
The fan switch was in the middle position and didn't turn. I believe
that a high current melted the contacts on that position.
I forced the switch and it rotated.
I started to follow the book instructions but I gave up after removing
a few panels. Acceptability of the blower is not easy.
I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an
accurate representation of the actual circuit.
I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.

The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger

John
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 Oct 2011, 06:41 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

oakleyhomes@rogers.com wrote in news:11004f4d-b468-480c-b61e-40815d4f7f12
@h5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:

> The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function.
> The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not
> work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
> next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each
> connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and
> under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all
> fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan
> control know and ignition.
> A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas
> welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must
> Thanks




The blower motor is always hot, with the switch providing ground, and the
resistor between them.

Pull the fan-motor's connector and see if you have voltage there. If NO,
then you have an open between the ignition switch and the blower motor. If
YES, then the motor is seized.

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm
john
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:01:58 -0400, John wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:39:20 -0700 (PDT), oakleyhomes@rogers.com
>wrote:
>
>>The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function.
>>The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not
>>work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
>>next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each
>>connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and
>>under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all
>>fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan
>>control know and ignition.
>>A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas
>>welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must
>>Thanks

>
>Interesting but I have a similar problem on my 1991 Acura
>The blower doesn't run and I think that it's frozen.
>I don't have power on the cigarette socket also.
>All the fuses look OK.
>
>One day I started the car and a smell of pc board burning and smoke
>came inside of the car.
>The fan switch was in the middle position and didn't turn. I believe
>that a high current melted the contacts on that position.
>I forced the switch and it rotated.
>I started to follow the book instructions but I gave up after removing
>a few panels. Acceptability of the blower is not easy.
>I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an
>accurate representation of the actual circuit.
>I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.
>
>The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger
>
>John


I must also add that the radio also lost power
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01 Nov 2011, 06:39 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

john wrote in news:r1sua7prvs7o3slfvfquenn830ij3sdf97@4ax.com:

>> Acceptability of the blower is not easy.
>>I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an
>>accurate representation of the actual circuit.
>>I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.
>>
>>The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger
>>
>>John

>
> I must also add that the radio also lost power




Both the cigarette lighter and the radio are fed by a 10-amp fuse in thge
under-dash fuse box. Check for a blown one.

As for the blower itself, Honda calls the entire duct assembly the
"blower", which kind of confuses things. All you want is the /motor/. The
motor should drop out of the bottom of the duct with nothing more than the
removal of the three bolts you can see from the bottom. There should be no
need to remove the duct from the car.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Nov 2011, 10:32 am
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:41:04 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <invalid@example.com>
wrote:

>oakleyhomes@rogers.com wrote in news:11004f4d-b468-480c-b61e-40815d4f7f12
>@h5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:
>
>> The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function.
>> The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not
>> work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
>> next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each
>> connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and
>> under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all
>> fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan
>> control know and ignition.
>> A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas
>> welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must
>> Thanks

>
>
>
>The blower motor is always hot, with the switch providing ground, and the
>resistor between them.
>
>Pull the fan-motor's connector and see if you have voltage there. If NO,
>then you have an open between the ignition switch and the blower motor. If
>YES, then the motor is seized.


It's very dificult to get at one of the screws . I may have another
try.
Thank you Tegger

John
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02 Nov 2011, 05:31 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

John wrote in news:jeo2b7lkcjrung82riic4j66pblnh5ghgf@4ax.com:


>
> It's very dificult to get at one of the screws . I may have another
> try.
> Thank you Tegger
>



You're probably meaning the screw closest to the passenger side of the car.
That one is really tough.

What you can do is to remove the bolt you see that faces forwards, at the
bottom of the white plastic blower housing. This should allow you to pull
the housing rearwards just enough to get the screw free. What really helps
is one of those combination wrenches that has a tiny ratchet in the closed
end.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 23 Nov 2011, 03:20 pm
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:31:29 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <invalid@example.com>
wrote:

>John wrote in news:jeo2b7lkcjrung82riic4j66pblnh5ghgf@4ax.com:
>
>
>>
>> It's very dificult to get at one of the screws . I may have another
>> try.
>> Thank you Tegger
>>

>
>
>You're probably meaning the screw closest to the passenger side of the car.
>That one is really tough.
>
>What you can do is to remove the bolt you see that faces forwards, at the
>bottom of the white plastic blower housing. This should allow you to pull
>the housing rearwards just enough to get the screw free. What really helps
>is one of those combination wrenches that has a tiny ratchet in the closed
>end.


With the cold weather coming in I gave up and toke the car to the
Acura dealer. Nice and pleasant people.

Price for a new Acura blower app. $460

I asked them to give me an estimate and this morning they contacted me
The approximate estimate was for a new blower to replace the frozen
one, a replacement of the ignition switch and labor. About $600 tax
included.
The seized blower, destroyed part of the switch. That was the reason
why other electrical accessories stopped working.

They knew that I wasn't going to pay that price for a the blower but
told me that they have found a new one for about $200.
The car will be ready tomorrow.
The car should last another Winter.

They told me that it is impossible to fix the old blower. I am going
to investigate.

Thank you for the help

John
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26 Nov 2011, 10:20 am
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:20:21 -0500, John wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:31:29 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <invalid@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>>John wrote in news:jeo2b7lkcjrung82riic4j66pblnh5ghgf@4ax.com:
>>
>>
>>>
>>> It's very dificult to get at one of the screws . I may have another
>>> try.
>>> Thank you Tegger
>>>

>>
>>
>>You're probably meaning the screw closest to the passenger side of the car.
>>That one is really tough.
>>
>>What you can do is to remove the bolt you see that faces forwards, at the
>>bottom of the white plastic blower housing. This should allow you to pull
>>the housing rearwards just enough to get the screw free. What really helps
>>is one of those combination wrenches that has a tiny ratchet in the closed
>>end.

>
>With the cold weather coming in I gave up and toke the car to the
>Acura dealer. Nice and pleasant people.
>
>Price for a new Acura blower app. $460
>
>I asked them to give me an estimate and this morning they contacted me
>The approximate estimate was for a new blower to replace the frozen
>one, a replacement of the ignition switch and labor. About $600 tax
>included.
>The seized blower, destroyed part of the switch. That was the reason
>why other electrical accessories stopped working.
>
>They knew that I wasn't going to pay that price for a the blower but
>told me that they have found a new one for about $200.
>The car will be ready tomorrow.
>The car should last another Winter.
>
>They told me that it is impossible to fix the old blower. I am going
>to investigate.
>
>Thank you for the help
>
>John


Just received the car.
Total cost $660

Looking at the old blower I concluded that I could have fix it but any
way, I am to old to work under the dash.

Should last one more Winter. Not bad for a 20 years old car

John
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11 Nov 2014, 01:18 pm
Susanne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

replying to John , Susanne wrote:
> John wrote:
>
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:39:20 -0700 (PDT), oakleyhomes@rogers.com
> Interesting but I have a similar problem on my 1991 Acura
> The blower doesn't run and I think that it's frozen.
> I don't have power on the cigarette socket also.
> All the fuses look OK.
> One day I started the car and a smell of pc board burning and smoke
> came inside of the car.
> The fan switch was in the middle position and didn't turn. I believe
> that a high current melted the contacts on that position.
> I forced the switch and it rotated.
> I started to follow the book instructions but I gave up after removing
> a few panels. Acceptability of the blower is not easy.
> I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an
> accurate representation of the actual circuit.
> I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.
> The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger
> John



I also have a 91 Acura Integra with this same issue. The heater works but the
blower does not. The cigarette lighter and radio do not work either. The
problem started as intermittent but after a few months, the blower and radio
quit completely. They both started back up for a short time on a very hot day
(101.7°) last summer. I don't know if the heat / expansion was a factor. I
am coming up on winter and could use the defroster. I wondered if anybody had
solved this mystery.
Susanne


--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/acura/92-...stor-7334-.htm
using MotorsForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
alt.autos.acura and other automotive groups

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blower resistor tomahawk Honda Technical 0 02 Mar 2011 08:53 pm
blower resistor values? jim beam Honda 2 19 26 Dec 2009 11:25 pm
05 Civic Blower Resistor david Honda 3 0 06 Jun 2009 05:18 pm
Blower resistor keeps failing Boomer 1948 Honda Technical 0 21 Jun 2008 10:36 am
CRX blower motor/resistor Meathead Honda 3 9 30 May 2007 05:57 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.