Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2011, 09:02 pm
camryguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2005 EL DRL short/strange noise

As mentioned, the car is a 2005 Acura EL. It has about 130,000 kms on
it and up until the past few weeks has been problem free since new.
The car, a few weeks, put the DRL light on, in the dash. When checking
that both DRL's are fine, I shut the car off and started it up again
and it went away. A few days later the same thing. I bought new bulbs
and replaced them, with no difference. Now, on occasion, when I turn
the car on, a strange buzzing noise is heard through the dash and the
DRL light has been flashing, but not evenly, more sporadic. Most
recently, when driving the vehicle, I also noticed that all the gauges
had stopped working. Tach, speedo, fuel, and temp gauge were not
responding. However, all the backlights were on. Today, the gauges
were working perfectly. I am baffled and Acura can't seem to figure it
out as it acts fine at the dealer. Any help on this issue, would be
greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 EL DRL short/strange noise

camryguy <anthonyzadeh@gmail.com> wrote in news:067b331f-abe4-4e7e-9b9b-
b44acc5f7c96@k17g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

> As mentioned, the car is a 2005 Acura EL.




That's the gussied-up Civic, isn't it?



> It has about 130,000 kms on




About 80,000 miles...



> it and up until the past few weeks has been problem free since new.
> The car, a few weeks, put the DRL light on, in the dash. When checking
> that both DRL's are fine, I shut the car off and started it up again
> and it went away. A few days later the same thing. I bought new bulbs
> and replaced them, with no difference. Now, on occasion, when I turn
> the car on, a strange buzzing noise is heard through the dash and the
> DRL light has been flashing, but not evenly, more sporadic. Most
> recently, when driving the vehicle, I also noticed that all the gauges
> had stopped working. Tach, speedo, fuel, and temp gauge were not
> responding. However, all the backlights were on. Today, the gauges
> were working perfectly. I am baffled and Acura can't seem to figure it
> out as it acts fine at the dealer. Any help on this issue, would be
> greatly appreciated!




This sounds like the DRL relay. But...

You can troubleshoot this yourself. How good are you at reading wiring
diagrams and using a multimeter?

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2011, 07:56 am
camryguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 EL DRL short/strange noise

On Sep 27, 12:15*am, Tegger <inva...@example.com> wrote:
> camryguy <anthonyza...@gmail.com> wrote in news:067b331f-abe4-4e7e-9b9b-
> b44acc5f7...@k17g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:
>
> > As mentioned, the car is a 2005 Acura EL.

>
> That's the gussied-up Civic, isn't it?
>
> > It has about 130,000 kms on

>
> About 80,000 miles...
>
> > it and up until the past few weeks has been problem free since new.
> > The car, a few weeks, put the DRL light on, in the dash. When checking
> > that both DRL's are fine, I shut the car off and started it up again
> > and it went away. A few days later the same thing. I bought new bulbs
> > and replaced them, with no difference. Now, on occasion, when I turn
> > the car on, a strange buzzing noise is heard through the dash and the
> > DRL light has been flashing, but not evenly, more sporadic. Most
> > recently, when driving the vehicle, I also noticed that all the gauges
> > had stopped working. Tach, speedo, fuel, and temp gauge were not
> > responding. However, all the backlights were on. Today, the gauges
> > were working perfectly. I am baffled and Acura can't seem to figure it
> > out as it acts fine at the dealer. Any help on this issue, would be
> > greatly appreciated!

>
> This sounds like the DRL relay. But...
>
> You can troubleshoot this yourself. How good are you at reading wiring
> diagrams and using a multimeter?
>
> --
> Tegger

Yes, it is the civic with more flair lol...I will try my best and take
a look at it this weekend
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2011, 08:33 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2005 EL DRL short/strange noise

camryguy <anthonyzadeh@gmail.com> wrote in news:ed5eb06b-f637-487a-b476-
6c8a8212bc17@d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com:


> Yes, it is the civic with more flair lol...I will try my best and take
> a look at it this weekend
>



Pay $10 for 3-days access, and you can subscribe to Honda's Techinfo site,
and get all the wiring diagrams and troubleshooting info you need. That
will help a lot.

https://techinfo.honda.com

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Auto, 85,000 miles - strange noise? daydream_725 Honda Technical 3 16 Jan 2009 07:01 pm
Strange noise coming from 2005 Honda Civic LX (tire/wheel related??)? Sergei T Honda Technical 2 27 Jun 2008 01:46 pm
2005 Honda Civic Making Strange Noise...? derek2007 Honda Technical 4 21 Oct 2007 01:51 pm
Strange noise coming from 2005 Honda Civic LX (tire/wheel related??)? D. Vader Honda Technical 4 16 Oct 2007 03:45 pm
Strange noise Bruno Acura 4 15 Jul 2004 09:11 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.