Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 04:42 pm
Steve Lee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
compare to the right rear tire.

When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
the right one.

So, I took my car to a Goodyear dealer today and had a technician
check out the tire and he told me that he couldn't find anything wrong
with the tire at all. I have Goodyear Integrity on my Pilot.

I was thinking if this tire problem only manifests itself at
relatively high temperatures, such when travelling on a highway and
perhaps that is why I had experienced a sustained vibration during a
previous highway travel which I had posted about in here. On the day
trip I just took though, the vibration didn't seem to be there. It
was kind of hard to tell because of uneven roads, but didn't
experience the same vibration as I did during another highway travel I
had before.

What are your thoughts on this? What else can I do to make sure that
there are no tire or related problems here? Can an alignment problem
have made my rear left tire look flatter than the right one on the
highway? TIA!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:13 pm
Rex B
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:42:01 GMT, Steve Lee <dont@thinkso.com> wrote:

|Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
|with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
|and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
|compare to the right rear tire.
|
|When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
|station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
|were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
|and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
|thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
|The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
|the right one.
|

Um...how big a' old boy are ye?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:19 pm
Xavier
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?


"Steve Lee" <dont@thinkso.com> wrote in message
news:5mmdivc22qjdvt0ti2lpk2s9m53grjaq91@4ax.com...
> Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
> with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
> and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
> compare to the right rear tire.
>
> When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
> station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
> were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
> and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
> thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
> The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
> the right one.
>
> So, I took my car to a Goodyear dealer today and had a technician
> check out the tire and he told me that he couldn't find anything wrong
> with the tire at all. I have Goodyear Integrity on my Pilot.
>
> I was thinking if this tire problem only manifests itself at
> relatively high temperatures, such when travelling on a highway and
> perhaps that is why I had experienced a sustained vibration during a
> previous highway travel which I had posted about in here. On the day
> trip I just took though, the vibration didn't seem to be there. It
> was kind of hard to tell because of uneven roads, but didn't
> experience the same vibration as I did during another highway travel I
> had before.
>
> What are your thoughts on this? What else can I do to make sure that
> there are no tire or related problems here? Can an alignment problem
> have made my rear left tire look flatter than the right one on the
> highway? TIA!


How much do you weigh?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:20 pm
Dan Drake
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:42:01 GMT, Steve Lee <dont@thinkso.com> wrote:

>Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
>with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
>and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be

^^^
There's your problem. Get a second opinion from a male. Seriously.
--
Dan Drake
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:20 pm
Uncle Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

In article <3f26f165.119478366@news.txol.net>, rex@inoli.com wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:42:01 GMT, Steve Lee <dont@thinkso.com> wrote:
>
>|Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
>|with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
>|and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
>|compare to the right rear tire.
>|
>|When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
>|station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
>|were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
>|and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
>|thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
>|The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
>|the right one.
>|
>Um...how big a' old boy are ye?


good point, with everyone out of the car, it would look OK, with
5 of buds headed to a fishin' camp, that could be a 1000 lbs. Or
more.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:22 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

Assuming the tires are up to the recommended pressure and there are no other
symptoms (shaking at highway speeds would indicate an unbalanced or out of
round condition that could be trouble), there is nothing wrong. Was there
perhaps a large adult sitting in the left rear seat at the time?


On 7/29/03 3:42 PM, in article 5mmdivc22qjdvt0ti2lpk2s9m53grjaq91@4ax.com,
"Steve Lee" <dont@thinkso.com> wrote:

> Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
> with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
> and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
> compare to the right rear tire.
>
> When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
> station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
> were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
> and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
> thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
> The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
> the right one.
>
> So, I took my car to a Goodyear dealer today and had a technician
> check out the tire and he told me that he couldn't find anything wrong
> with the tire at all. I have Goodyear Integrity on my Pilot.
>
> I was thinking if this tire problem only manifests itself at
> relatively high temperatures, such when travelling on a highway and
> perhaps that is why I had experienced a sustained vibration during a
> previous highway travel which I had posted about in here. On the day
> trip I just took though, the vibration didn't seem to be there. It
> was kind of hard to tell because of uneven roads, but didn't
> experience the same vibration as I did during another highway travel I
> had before.
>
> What are your thoughts on this? What else can I do to make sure that
> there are no tire or related problems here? Can an alignment problem
> have made my rear left tire look flatter than the right one on the
> highway? TIA!


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:42 pm
Steve Lee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:20:51 GMT, me@homeoffice.com (Uncle Mike)
wrote:

>In article <3f26f165.119478366@news.txol.net>, rex@inoli.com wrote:
>>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:42:01 GMT, Steve Lee <dont@thinkso.com> wrote:
>>
>>|Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
>>|with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
>>|and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
>>|compare to the right rear tire.
>>|
>>|When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
>>|station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
>>|were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
>>|and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
>>|thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
>>|The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
>>|the right one.
>>|
>>Um...how big a' old boy are ye?

>
> good point, with everyone out of the car, it would look OK, with
>5 of buds headed to a fishin' camp, that could be a 1000 lbs. Or
>more.


Right, I should've included this info in the original post. In our
car, there was me and the wife in the front and I weight about 200lbs
and my wife about 120lbs. Then in the second row, there were 2 kids
aged 6 and in the third row, there were 2 kids 8 and 10. There was no
cargo to speak of since it was just a day trip. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:43 pm
Steve Lee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:19:34 GMT, "Xavier" <mdnblaster@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>How much do you weigh?


I should've included this info in the original post. In our
car, there was me and the wife in the front and I weight about 200lbs
and my wife about 120lbs. Then in the second row, there were 2 kids
aged 6 and in the third row, there were 2 kids 8 and 10. There was no
cargo to speak of since it was just a day trip. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 06:44 pm
Steve Lee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:22:43 GMT, "E. Meyer" <e.meyer@ieee.org> wrote:

>Assuming the tires are up to the recommended pressure and there are no other
>symptoms (shaking at highway speeds would indicate an unbalanced or out of
>round condition that could be trouble), there is nothing wrong. Was there
>perhaps a large adult sitting in the left rear seat at the time?


Right, I should've included this info in the original post. In our
car, there was me and the wife in the front and I weight about 200lbs
and my wife about 120lbs. Then in the second row, there were 2 kids
aged 6 and in the third row, there were 2 kids 8 and 10. There was no
cargo to speak of since it was just a day trip. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jul 2003, 08:11 pm
Tony Hwang
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This?

Hi,
Same thought here. May be a big moose was sitting on that side?
I have a neighbor whose whole family is OVER weight.
When they sit in their little Toyota, the car lists 30 degs. to
one side, LOL. Good thing it is a car. If it were horse, the animal's
back would've been broken.
Tony

Xavier wrote:

> "Steve Lee" <dont@thinkso.com> wrote in message
> news:5mmdivc22qjdvt0ti2lpk2s9m53grjaq91@4ax.com...
>
>>Took a day trip just this past Sunday to an out of town destination
>>with a family friend of ours. They were following us on the highway to
>>and fro and she mentioned how my rear left tire appeared to be flatter
>>compare to the right rear tire.
>>
>>When she first told me this at our first washroom stop at a gas
>>station, I checked the pressures in both of the rear tires and they
>>were exactly the same. So, I told her to keep her eyes on the tires
>>and report to me again once we arrive at the destination. The funny
>>thing is, when parked, the tires look pretty much identical to me.
>>The left one didn't seem flatter or under inflated at all compared to
>>the right one.
>>
>>So, I took my car to a Goodyear dealer today and had a technician
>>check out the tire and he told me that he couldn't find anything wrong
>>with the tire at all. I have Goodyear Integrity on my Pilot.
>>
>>I was thinking if this tire problem only manifests itself at
>>relatively high temperatures, such when travelling on a highway and
>>perhaps that is why I had experienced a sustained vibration during a
>>previous highway travel which I had posted about in here. On the day
>>trip I just took though, the vibration didn't seem to be there. It
>>was kind of hard to tell because of uneven roads, but didn't
>>experience the same vibration as I did during another highway travel I
>>had before.
>>
>>What are your thoughts on this? What else can I do to make sure that
>>there are no tire or related problems here? Can an alignment problem
>>have made my rear left tire look flatter than the right one on the
>>highway? TIA!

>
>
> How much do you weigh?
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mechanic says Cat problem may be causing my Tranny to act up???? comcastss news groups Honda 2 7 31 Mar 2007 01:29 am
Weak Battery Causing Starter problem mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk Honda 3 9 17 Feb 2005 08:42 am
Bad Thermostat Causing Ignition Problems? Honda Honda 2 7 21 Dec 2003 08:16 pm
What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This? Steve Lee Honda 2 15 30 Jul 2003 10:18 pm
What Could be Causing My Tire To Do This? Steve Lee Honda 3 15 30 Jul 2003 10:18 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.