Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 05:20 am
HomerSimpson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

I got the letter regarding the transmission warranty extension in the mail
about 4 months ago. My car hasn't had one problem since I bought it new
March 2000. I just turned 95000 miles when the transmission started some
very "rough" shifting after a loud clunk was heard after I took off from a
complete stop.

I just took it to the dealer last week. They played dumb at first until I
brought up the letter that I had received. I asked and received a rental
car since it is going to be about a week until it gets done. I'm sure they
are having to order tons of transmissions from their parts depot.

Sometimes we do get lucky sometimes. I would have been very pissed if the
car had 105000 and the tranny decided to take a dive.

Homer


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 08:29 am
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

"HomerSimpson" <127.0.0.1@nowhere.null> wrote in message
news:Ml7Ta.119562$H17.36655@sccrnsc02...
> I got the letter regarding the transmission warranty extension in the mail
> about 4 months ago. My car hasn't had one problem since I bought it new
> March 2000. I just turned 95000 miles when the transmission started some
> very "rough" shifting after a loud clunk was heard after I took off from a
> complete stop.
>
> I just took it to the dealer last week. They played dumb at first until I
> brought up the letter that I had received. I asked and received a rental
> car since it is going to be about a week until it gets done. I'm sure

they
> are having to order tons of transmissions from their parts depot.
>
> Sometimes we do get lucky sometimes. I would have been very pissed if the
> car had 105000 and the tranny decided to take a dive.


I just registered on the owners link and it says that my '99 isn't covered.
It also states that only '02 and some '03 TL's are covered under the tranny
warranty. I only have 45k miles on it, but it engages reverse hard and
almost rattles my teeth. I guess if it's not covered and I bitch enough,
they'll fix it.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 09:45 am
Masterson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

>>I guess if it's not covered and I bitch enough, they'll fix it.


Its such a SORRY state of affairs that peope feel the above
statement is true. Classic example of people not being responsible
for themselves. Life is tough, stop trying to get others to pay for
you. Like this statement is any more true...
"They are completely not responsible, but I'll make them pay. I'll just
take a leason from my two year old, and throw a tantrum untill I get
my way"


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 03:09 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

On 7/22/03 7:29 AM, in article vhqbgk3l4mopac@corp.supernews.com, "John"
<miller.john@charter-ihatespam-.net> wrote:

> "HomerSimpson" <127.0.0.1@nowhere.null> wrote in message
> news:Ml7Ta.119562$H17.36655@sccrnsc02...
>> I got the letter regarding the transmission warranty extension in the mail
>> about 4 months ago. My car hasn't had one problem since I bought it new
>> March 2000. I just turned 95000 miles when the transmission started some
>> very "rough" shifting after a loud clunk was heard after I took off from a
>> complete stop.
>>
>> I just took it to the dealer last week. They played dumb at first until I
>> brought up the letter that I had received. I asked and received a rental
>> car since it is going to be about a week until it gets done. I'm sure

> they
>> are having to order tons of transmissions from their parts depot.
>>
>> Sometimes we do get lucky sometimes. I would have been very pissed if the
>> car had 105000 and the tranny decided to take a dive.

>
> I just registered on the owners link and it says that my '99 isn't covered.
> It also states that only '02 and some '03 TL's are covered under the tranny
> warranty. I only have 45k miles on it, but it engages reverse hard and
> almost rattles my teeth. I guess if it's not covered and I bitch enough,
> they'll fix it.
>
>

The 99 has a different transmission than the 2000-2002s. There are no
reported problems with it. The recall/warranty extension applies to the 5
speed transmissions that they started using in 2000.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 05:57 pm
Curtis Newton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000


>
>I was under the impression that MOST auto trannies only last 120K or so.
>The 99 was a 4 speed auto now its a 5 speed.
>



I realize you said 'most', but don't let our 88 Camry hear
that....296,000 miles and going strong on original tranny/engine.



-
--
Curtis Newton
cnewton@remove-me.akaMail.com
http://surf.to/cnewton
<delete remove-me. to respond to email>
ICQ: 4899169
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:39 pm
jose3030
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:57:00 GMT, Curtis Newton
<cnewton@remove-me.akamail.com> wrote:

>
>>
>>I was under the impression that MOST auto trannies only last 120K or so.
>>The 99 was a 4 speed auto now its a 5 speed.
>>

>
>
>I realize you said 'most', but don't let our 88 Camry hear
>that....296,000 miles and going strong on original tranny/engine.
>
>
>
>-


Yea, what's this clown talkin about.

My 89 Acura Legend w/ a tranny that was NOT taken care of by all the
previous owners except for myself, lasted to 194k.

And I bought another one , JDM because I believe, if it can last from
0 to 158k w/ no real maintenance, I need another one.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2003, 08:06 pm
HomerSimpson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 TL Transmission gone at 95000

Just picked the car up yesterday. It's always nice to sign all the
paperwork that states "No Charge" on every line item.

I hope I can get another 95000 miles on this one.

Homer


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Honda transmission problem?? Mark Savoy Honda 2 1 29 Aug 2005 10:48 pm
2000 3.2 TL Transmission Worry jnarde Acura 7 17 Jul 2005 11:56 pm
2000 EX V6 Transmission KSB Honda 2 4 27 Jun 2004 10:39 pm
2000 Accord Transmission Warranty David Honda 3 2 24 Jan 2004 03:31 pm
Clinking transmission in 2000 CR-V Dmitry Honda 3 8 06 Jan 2004 06:49 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.