Honda Car Forum


Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Discussion > Acura Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 11:46 am
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Default is modifying your exhaust and air intake illegal in CA?

hi i have an acura rsx type s and i want to put some light mods on it such as air intake and exhaust. i live in california. i was wondering which intake and exhaust systems are legal for my car and for ca.i also heard you need specific stickers on your intake or do you just need it to be CARB approved. also do you know if the AEM short ram intake is CARB approvedwell what be good and also be good enough to pass smog or do i have to just do it illegally thanso aslong as the intake has a CARB EO number it should be legal in california right? do i need anything additional other than thatok one more thing, so when i get an exhaust does it just come with the pipe and muffler or does it also come with a catalytic converter built with it. so just as long as the sound is not too loud its ok for me to mod my exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 12:01 pm
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2

To remain legal in California you can only modify with C.A.R.B. approved parts.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 12:31 pm
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 44

I wouldnt do anything to it if i lived in CA. But if i didnt..... lets just say that RSX would be unbelievable
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 01:31 pm
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15

Everything you change before the CAT is illegal, because changing a short ram intake would suck in more air and produce more power, but would make more smog.I drive a acura rsx myself, aslong as your exhaust aint that loud you should be good.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 01:46 pm
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 891

you have to find things that have CARB EO stickers and anything that is modified before the cat is illegal if it is not CARB EO. AEM products come with the sticker. i had my integra modified never had any problems with cops and stuff, just drive like you always would, no ricer fly bys and stuff, that just attracts attentioncheck this out answer your question about the cat, no most of them not come with on, in some cases its easier to get an aftermarket highflow cat for it.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2008, 02:01 pm
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 467

when people ask...your supposed to say an aftermarket part...not modified....all needs to be carb legal...
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intake and exhaust 05 accord 2.4 Skee_66 Honda Technical 0 21 Jul 2008 08:02 pm
is modifying the exhaust pipe into open pipe could change gas consumption? roy d Honda Technical 7 16 Oct 2007 06:45 pm
i bought a 2000 honda civic si with GREDDY exhaust on it. Is that an illegal exhaust on my car? Sleepy86 Honda Technical 6 26 Sep 2007 05:44 pm
1996 intake and exhaust? killamjc Acura Technical 6 19 Aug 2007 04:36 am
performance exhaust and intake milf hunter Honda 2 1 05 Aug 2003 07:32 am

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 pm.

Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc. is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.